Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 6109   Ответов в теме 2   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 26.07.2012, 17:52 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Wink2 Eagletac D25LC2 (XM-L U2, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A) Review

The D25LC2 is one of the D25 clicky series from Eagletac. I previously reviewed the D25C. My review sample of D25LC2 is a XM-L U2 light that runs on 1x18650 or 2x(R)CR123A batteries. Packaging is fairly same as the D25C. Included inside is the light, user manual, warranty card, spare o-ring, mil-spec paracord lanyard, very good quality nylon holster with a flip with a snap button.

Manufacturer Specifications from Eagletac's website :
1. Dimensions
• Head Dia. : 0.9 inches (22.5mm)
• Body Dia. : 0.85 inches (22mm)
• Length : 4.5 inches (115mm)
• Weight : 1.7 ounce (49grams)
2. LED
• Cool White CREE XM-L U2 LED
3. Battery Type
• 2xCR123A, 2xRCR123A, or 1x18650 li-ion
• Compatible battery size
- 123A : (16-16.8mm/34-34.5mm)
- 18650 : (18-18.8mm/65-68.5mm)
4. Operating voltage
• 2.7V - 8.4V
5. Max output
• LED lumen : 741
• OTF lumen : 548
6. Lens
• Impact resistance waterwhite glass lens
• Anti-reflective(AR) coating on both side
7. Circuit
• C2000RC
• Efficiency : up to 95%
• Constant current regulation (non-PWM) for all output modes
• Turbo boost technology
8. Reflector
• Very light orange peel aluminum reflector
9. Material
• HAIII hard anodization aerospace aluminum
10. Waterproof
• IPX-8 standard
11. Output and Runtime
• Four brightness levels
- Led lumen : Turbo(741)/High(48/Med.(61)/Low(7)
- ANSI FL-1 lumen : Turbo(54/High(370)/Med.(50)/Low(5)
- With lower-low-mode setting disabled, lowest output will increase by about 6 times, to 18 lumen,
and the second lowest output will double, to around 100 lumen
• Runtime
- 2xCR123A : Turbo(1.0)/High(1./Med.(15)/Low(100+) hours
- 1x18650 : Turbo(1.5)/High(2.4)/Med.(25)/Low(150+) hours
• Seven hidden auxiliary outputs
- Strobe/Strobe(Var)/Flash(Hi)/S.O.S.(Fast)/S.O.S./Becaon/Flash(Lo)

The hard(type III) anodizing is a glossy black and no flaws on my sample. There are identification labels on the head and battery tube. All labels are very sharp, clear, and bright white against the black background. The diamond-shape knurling is present over most of the body. There are three bands of knurling, one around the bezel, one around the battery tube, and one around tailcap. The black stainless steel pocket clip is secured in place by its own retaining ring. It seems sturdy and removable clip.

The light has 3 parts (i.e. head, battery tube, and tailcap).
The stainless steel clip & lanyard attachment ring work as a good anti-roll device as well.

The light has a flat and shallow stainless steel bezel with a very dark gray color like D25C. There are two thick cooling fins for heat dissipation near knurled band on the head. The positive battery contact has a circular raised lip (or bump) which works as a mechanical (or physical) reverse polarity protection. The light uses AR coating lens and the sky blue hue is reflected on it.
The aluminum reflector has a light orange peel pattern. But it's slightly close to medium orange peel in comparison to D25C. It is perfectly polished with no noticeable finishing flaws, and well-centered XM-L U2 LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cut.

Knurling is a bit aggressive and makes the head easier to twist for modes change. The clip can be removed only after detaching the o-ring and then loosening the retaining ring.

Both front and back threads on the battery tube is symmetric. Butt they are not anodized as they are used for the electric connection.

The screws threads seem trapezoidal cut - I'm not sure about it as I've gotten farsighted several years ago. - Maybe they are square-cut.

The light comes with a 2xCR123A plastic sleeve so that the batteries don't rattle in the battery tube. It's well-made and useful.

The tailcap switch boot has a Eagletac logo stamped into it. It is a reverse clicky. The rubber switch cap is recessed within the tail end. The switch has a good feel to touch and has short travel with moderate tension. There is a lanyard attachment ring on the tailcap.

Note that the head and tailcap are reversible on the battery tube of the light (i.e., you can reverse the direction of the clip by simply exchanging the head and tailcap without moving the clip). The light works properly in both orientations. It explains why the tailcap threads are not anodized on the battery tube to allow tailcap lockout.

The light can tailstand perfectly with lanyard attachment without any problem on my sample.

From left to right, VicLite 18650(2600mAh) protected, Xeno S3A (v1), Eagletac D25LC2, Spark SL6S-740NW, Fenix PD32 Prototype.

It is good size to hold and can be used as an EDC light.

The CR123A & 18650 fit well in the tube. But only small-button top 18650's work in the light (i.e., flat-top or wide button-top 18650's don't work) because of the raised circular raised lip around the positive contact in the head.
Overall build quality is very good.

The net weight of the light is 51g. The weight including 2xCR123A's and 1x18650 are 87g and 99g respectively.

The D25LC2 comes with a very nice & rigid built nylon holster with a flip with a snap button. It prevents the light from moving or sliding inside the holster.
User Interface

The light basically has the same UI as D25C.
Press the tailcap switch until it clicks to turn on the light. (i.e. press and release for on). Press the switch again until it clicks to turn off the light.

There are two output groups (i.e. Group 1 & 2).
With the head tighten, you get group 2. With the head loosened, you get group 1. With the light on, slightly (or half) pressing & releasing the switch will advance you to the next output in each group.

1. Group 1 :
With the head loosened, slightly pressing & releasing the switch cycles the output in the following order.
Low -> Med. -> High ->
Low -> Med. -> High ->
Strobe I -> Strobe II -> Beacon I -> Beacon II -> SOS I -> SOS II -> Low-Flash -> cycle

With the head loosened (i.e. in group 1), you get the programmable features available in two groups such as moonlight output and mode memory.
The moonlight output means you can dim the output levels of the group 1.

The moonlight output [on] is accessible by switching the light on with the head loosened, then perform a sequence of tightening/loosening of the head 3 times.
If you perform the above sequence once again, you can return to the moonlight output [off].
From my test of the moonlight output, the reduction of the brightness between the moonlight output [on] and [off] isn't significantly decreased except the low & med. output. I will explain it later on again.

According to the user manual, the mode memory (which enabled the light to turn on at the last used output level) can be enabled or disabled if you want. This is done by performing switching the light on with the head tightened, then perform a sequence of loosening/tightening of the head 3 times. But the mode memory of my sample doesn't work on either group 1 & 2.

2. Group 2 :
With the head tighten, slightly pressing & releasing the switch cycles the output in the following order.
Turbo -> Strobe ->cycle
PWM

The D25LC2 shows no sign of PWM at any output level as manufacturer claims. I think the light is constant current controlled. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Runtime

1) 1x18650 (2600mAh)

D25LC2 steps down on turbo after around 3 minutes runtime. This is a common feature on a number of heavily-driven lights to protect from overheating. The runtime for 50% output of turbo & high are appr. 92 mins and 121 mins respectively in my test. The runtime for 10% output of turbo & high is 99 mins & 125 mins respectively. The output on high is lower than step-down level of turbo by around 20%. I just stopped runtime test on med. mode 9.4 hr later because the output at that time is 97% of the initial output (i.e,. these are much the same).
2) 2xCR123A

The light steps down on turbo after around 3 minutes runtime. The runtime for 50% output of turbo & high are appr. 64 mins and 96 mins respectively in my test. The runtime for 10% output of turbo & high is 95 mins & 123 mins respectively. The output on high is lower than step-down level of turbo by around 20%. I stopped runtime test on med. mode 9 hr later as the outputs between the initial and 10% of the initial are much the same.
3) 1x18650 & 2xCR123A

D25LC2 shows excellent performance in output-runtime, and shows flat regulation with 1x18650 & 2xCR123A's on all output levels as well. The light's output levels are consistent across 18650 & CR123A battery types.
Moonlight Output [On] & [Off]

As I said earlier, there is not much difference in brightness between the moonlight output [on] and [off] except the low & med. output. I placed the light meter at a test distance 30 cm from the lens of D25LC2. Results are reported in lux. Measurements were taken 3 mins of turning on the light. Here are the results. The moonlight output [on] low is not as a true lower low as the D25C.

The above shows the lower low for D25C & D25LC2 with moonlight output [on].
Beamshot

1) Outdoor beamshot (about 55m from the target)
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance
- Battery used : 1x18650

- Control Shot

- Turbo

2) Outdoor beamshot (about 60~65m from the target)
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance
- Battery used : 1x18650

- Control Shot

- Turbo

* D25LC2 was supplied by Eagletac for review.
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
fnksb (26.07.2012), Hamlet (26.07.2012), kesha101178 (27.07.2012)
Старый 26.07.2012, 21:37   2
Hamlet
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 02.02.2017 21:53

По умолчанию Re: Eagletac D25LC2 (XM-L U2, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A) Review

Nice review. Thank you!
Hamlet вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 27.07.2012, 06:36 Автор темы   3
candle lamp
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Re: Eagletac D25LC2 (XM-L U2, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A) Review