Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1463   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:30 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 22.03.2024 22:14

По умолчанию PKFL2LE review (650lm, 2xCR123A, 1x17650)

Greetings All,
This is a review of a very special flashlight, the most special that I own. I will first write some information about the flashlight, than I will review it.

So ,what's so special and who is PK ?

So .. Many of you might heard about Surefire company. There are lots of topics about it's products, and many will follow, for many reasons. So .. Paul Kim worked there as a Vice President of Engineering for a lot of time (19 years total), designed a lot of cool stuff and recently left Surefire. He opened his own company, and the flashlight is his first flashlight made independent from Surefire. The flashlight shares much with Surefire flashlights, so that existing accessories will fit.

Specs

What's interesting? Not much really, besides the fact that only 1000 flashlights will be made. 650 lumens and usage of non-rechargeable batteries does not look very attractive, given the competitions. Remember Surefire, right?

Lets get started

So ... this is the actual package of the mega-exclusive almost 200 dollars flashlight.

This is the content - very spartan. Flashlight, sticker and user manual.

I find the flashlight beautiful, but it's a matter of taste. A lot of edges, fine details. The manufacturer is proud that the flashlight will not slip from the hand even if you use gloves or hands are wet even with blood.
The quality is excellent, I could not find any flaw. The flashlight itself is much smaller than I thought, it even can be considered to be called compact.

A beautiful detailed piece of engineering. Bezel is one-of a kind, I was very surprised that it did not tear my pants pocket. The Glass has anti-reflective coating and of a sophisticated type - try to google "borofloat". No fingerprints or dust was found on/below the lens.

The flashlight came with well lubricated threads. Not square cut, but anodized. The tail-cup is very beautiful,even proud design with "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the outside and the manufacturer logo on the inside.

The flashlight does not have spring in the head. The LED is perfectly centered. Specs say about some clever reflector tech - from my point of view it might be special it does look shinier than some.

The flashlight in company of other popular tactical - and not so tactical flashlights, to give you idea of it's size.
Left to right you can see Olight M22, Thrunite TN12 2014, Olight M18 Striker, PKFL2LE, Olight S20 Baton. As you can see the flashlight is quite compact.

Does it even work??

Yep, and works pretty well in my opinion. The light itself is cool white with no visible tint. The flashlight has two brightness modes - high and low. The flashlight starts from high, the flashlight has tactical switch. The switch itself has a very nice feel, the button is just stiff enough and the click is solid.

Control shot

Thrunite TN12 2014 1050 lumen. On all the pictures first I point the flashlight at the closest tree, and then on a more distant (distance is 50 and 100-150 meters I think)

PKFL2LE . Does not look very different from the Thrunite.

Olight M18 Striker. 800 lumen.

Some numbers (lux in hotspot from meter)

A large clever reflector allows PKFL2LE to almost catch 1050 lumen Thrunite with only 650 lumens

PWM, Noise

I could not detect any sound coming from the flashlight on any mode, and no PWM

Conclusions

So ... Features/lumens vise it's not a great hit - many other flashlights give more at a fraction of it's cost. But it you take into account the durability and the value of the flashlight - the fact that it's a result of a work of a real master that influenced the flashlight industry as we see it today, and the fact that the flashlight is a part of limited edition - it may look very different.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions/suggestions I will be happy to hear and assist. My English is far from being perfect, so sorry for the typos.

The flashlight was provided by PK for a review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Some flashlight, and PK himself pictures for you.

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU