Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4916   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 08:09 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Olight S15 Baton [ XM-L2, 1xAA or 2xAA or 3xAA ] Review

Reviewer's note : Olight S15 was provided by Olight for review.

[Update 2013. 08. 01] Olight supplied second S15 review sample, due to the tailcap issue of my first S15 review sample. So I've retested runtime & relative output comparison, and included the runtime of the S15 with two extension tubes installed. [Update 2013. 08. 01]

Olight has released the S15 Baton which is one of the Olight Baton series, powered by 1xAA or 2xAA with an extender. [New 13.07.24] Note that the emitter is Cree XM-L2 U2. [New 13.07.24]

S15 comes with removable pocket clip (attached), extended tube, spare o-rings, tailcap silicon pad, split ring, lanyard, user manual. (The manual is available for download on Olight website.)
Manufacturer Specifications from Olight's website :

• Aviation grade aluminum body, with anti-scratch type III hard anodizing.
• Stainless steel head ring can bear higher impaction.
• Side switch with blue button cap, soft and comfortable to press.
• Special designed smooth reflector and 99% luminousness lens with anti-reflective coating on both sides make longer beam distance.
• High efficient drive circuit, compatible with any rechargeable and non-rechargeable AA battery; The run time is up to 15 days under moonlight mode.
• Assembled with latest CREE XM-L2 LED, and maximum output up to 280 lumens (tested by using 14500 rechargeable lithium battery).
• Four adjustable brightness level: moonlight-low-middle-high and strobe; automatic memory function can memorize the brightness level while off (excluding strobe).
• With flashlight off, pressing side switch to directly activate high mode or moonlight mode. i) With a long-arm convertible pocket clip for easy access.
• There is a lanyard hole in the tail which can pass through fabric strap with diameter of 2mm.
• With detachable strong magnet inside the tail, the flashlight can be attached vertically to any iron objects.
• Flat bottom allows stable tail standing. m) extremely low standby current: 0.5uA while using 1.5V battery; 1.2uA while using 4.2V battery.
• Battery reverse polarity function guards against improper battery installation.
• Lock-out function
• Waterproof: IPX8
• Output & running time : High (280lumens : 45min), Med. (70lumens : 4h), Low (7lumens : 32h), Moonlight (0.5lumens : 15days)
• Peak beam distance : 84m
• Beam intensity : 1750cd
• Waterproof : IPX8
• IMpact resistance : 2m
• Dimension : 86mm (Length) x 23mm (Head) x 18.5mm (Tube)
• Weight : 46g (without battery)

The S15 is quite small for its class. Overall build is similar to the M10 I reviewed.
The hard(type III) anodizing is a matte black and no flaws on my sample. All labels are sharp and clear in bright white against the black background. The checkered pattern is present over most of the body. The light has no tail switch. Fit and finish looks very good.

You can use 1xAA (1.2v Ni-MH or 1.5v Alkarine or 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable battery).

With an extender, you can use 2xAA (1.2v Ni-MH or 1.5v Alkarine). But 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable cells are banned, due to the working voltage 0.7~5.0v.
[New 13.08.01]

According to the manufacturer, two extenders are available to use. But again, you can't use two or three 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable cells. [New 13.08.01]

The light has 2 parts. The body is one piece with the head (i.e., the body has a built-in head). The pocket clip works as a good anti-roll device.

The light has a flat stainless steel bezel ring and a red o-ring. The head has a clean looking cylindrical design with a hex-shaped neck which provides grip. There's an electronic side button switch on the hex-shaped neck. The positive battery contact has a spring. Switch feel is not the same on the M10 due to the different material (i.e., The switch cap of the M10 is the soft silicone rubber, but the S15 has the hard plastic button). The switch has a good feel to touch and has shorter travel, which produces a quiet clicking sound when pressed, than M10 does.

The reflector is not deep as much as M10 does, but the head size is quite the same as M10. So I expect a wide spill beam. The light uses AR coating lens where the purple hue is reflected on it. The aluminum reflector has a smooth pattern. It is well polished with no noticeable finishing flaws and well-centered XM-L2 U2 LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cup.

The battery tube (i.e., body) is mostly covered in a bold checkered portions with two flat faces where manufacturer & model name are printed on, and the other flat face where the clip is touching. Grip is reasonably good.

The pocket clip is a bit longer than M10. It looks sturdy and hold onto the light very securely. It is reversible, allowing both bezel-up or bezel-down.

The wall thickness of the body is 1.98mm. The light feel solid.
The threading area is not wider than M10, but there are three full turns of the threads. The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. Threads are well machined, and anodized which allows the light to be locked-out when the tailcap is slightly loosened. As supplied, threads are well lubricated. Screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

There is a removable negative spring come with a removable magnet on the inside of the tailcap. There is small hole on the tail side for lanyard or split ring attachment. The magnet pull is strong, so it does pick up the battery through the negative spring, because the spring and the magnet are actually in contact. As shown in the above picture, the light sticks to all the metal objects made with steel. If you don't want the magnet, you can replace it with the silicone pad come with the light (i.e., you can take out the magnet by releasing the spring holding the magnet in place by prising the three edges of the spring out from under the recess on the tailcap). Overall build quality is very high.
User Interface

- The above was excerpt from S15 user manual.

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & strobe mode).

1) General mode
Output switching is controlled by the electronic side switch. A quick press and release turns the light on, and another quick press and release turns the light off.

Holding down the switch will proceed Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence. To select your desired mode or output level, just release the switch. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, even after a battery change.

You can access Moonlight (or firefly mode) directly from "Off" only by a sustained press of the switch for one second. This means Moonlight is a completely separate mode from the above Low - Med. - High.

Double quick click from Off will activate High directly.

If you hold the switch down from Off for more than two seconds, the light is locked-out (Olight says it's a Lock). Another holding down the switch for one second will activate Moonlight. I would suggest you lock the light out so that it does not inadvertently activate if stuffed in the bag or pocket. You need to twist the tailcap slightly for actual lock-out.

2) Strobe mode
The “hidden” Strobe is accessed by double-clicking the switch when on. A single sustained press of the switch (or double-clicking the switch) will return to the previous output level in general mode. The strobe has no memory.

The lanyard quality is as good as high build quality of the light. The S15 can tailstand.

From left to right, Sanyo Eneloop AA, Sunwayman V10A, Armytek Partner A1, Olight S15, Fenix LD10, Thrunite Neutron 1A.

The head size & light weight excluding battery of five lights are as follows :
V10A - 23mm / 62g, Partner A1 - 24mm / 56g, S15 - 23mm / 67g, LD10 - 21.5mm / 52g, Neutron 1A - 22mm / 60g

From left to right, Sanyo Eneloop AA, Armytek Partner A2, Olight S15 with an extender, Thrunite Neutron 2A, Niteye EYE12.

The head size & light weight excluding battery of four lights are as follows :
Partner A2 - 24mm / 82g, S15 - 23mm / 58g, Neutron 2A - 22mm / 77g, EYE12 - 23.5mm / 84g

It is good small size to hold and use. It can be used as an EDC light.
Measured Dimensions

Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic side switch interface, the S15 is drawing a small current when the light is fully connected. I measured this current as 2.7μA, 0.3μA and 0.4μA with 1xAW14500, 1xAlkarine and 1xEneloop respectively. However, all these values decrease to 0.0μA after 5~6 seconds. I'm not sure why the standby current turn from each initial value into 0.0μA. My DMM can measure micro ampere to one decimal place, so I don't know the real value of two decimal place. Anyhow, these are quite small for a standby current, even though you take the initial value.
For 1xAW14500 (750mAh) cell, that would translate into around 31 years before it would be fully drained. This is negligible, not a concern. But I would recommend you to store the light locked-out when not in use for a long time.
PWM

The light shows no sign of PWM at all output levels. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Relative Output Comparison

1. Without an extender
[Update 13.08.01]

[Update 13.08.01]
The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column.
2. With an extender

The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column.
[New 13.08.08]
3. S15 (1xAA) & S15 (2xAA)

The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column. [New 13.08.08]

[Update 13.08.01]
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for High is as follows :

1. Ni-MH & Li-ion rechargeable batteries

1) 1xSanyo Eneloop (2000mAh) : 55 min.
2) 2xSanyo Eneloop (2000mAh) : 114 min.
3) 3xSanyo Eneloop (2000mAh) : 132 min.
4) 1xAW14500 : 47 min.

2xNi-MHs & 3xNi-MHs & 1xAW14500 show much better regulation than 1xNi-MH. Note 3xNi-MHs has not much longer runtime and shows a bit dimmer output than 2xNi-MHs. It seems the input and output voltage in case of 3xNi-MHs are not well matched as using 2xNi-MHs. The best efficiency of the light is to use 2xNi-MHs.
2. Alkarine batteries

1) 1xDuracell Ultra : 33 min.
2) 2xDuracell Ultra : 47 min.
3) 3xDuracell Ultra : 84 min.

Alkarine batteries show the similar behavior as the Ni-MHs, but 3xAlkarines show much longer runtime than 2xAlkarines.
3. All batteries

The High output on 1xalkarine does drop much more rapidly than 1xNi-MH. Also runtime on Alkarine has relatively shorter than Ni-MH in my sample.
Runtime performance on Ni-MH is better than Alkarine batteries on my test. The relaively good regulation is maintained on 2xNi-MHs.
[Update 13.08.01]
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/125sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/250sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/250sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/1000sec, Auto white balance

The medium sized hotspot is well focused and its tint is slightly towards the light green hue on my sample. A soft corona surrounds the bright hotspot. The spill beam is relatively large compared to the other lights, and clean with no noticeable artifacts. The overall beam profile is good. The beam has a typical cool tint.
2. Indoor beamshot (about 3.5m from the target on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/5sec, Auto white balance

- V10A

- Partner A1

- S15

- LD10

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/5sec, Auto white balance

- Partner A2

- S15 with an extender

- Neutron 2A

- EYE12

3. Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/2sec, Auto white balance

- V10A

- Partner A1

- S15

- LD10

- Partner A2

- S15 with an extender

- Neutron 2A

- EYE12

Thanks for watching!
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему