Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 5911   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 08.06.2015, 11:21 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Acebeam K60 (1xXHP70, 4x18650) Review

The K60 is the latest high-output, 4x18650 light with Cree XHP70 emitter installed from Acebeam. The light gives you both throwy beam and high-output. This is my first review of a high-output light with the new Cree XHP70 emitter. The light comes with a choice of body colors, and my review sample is the black.

Packaging is a nice cardboard box with built-in packaging foam. Included inside are the light, user manual, warranty card, extra o-rings, spare tailcap boot cover, lanyard, belt holster.
Manufacturer Specifications from AceBeam website & user manual :

• LED : Cree XHP70 LED with a lifespan of 10+years of run time
• Max 5000lumens output using 4x 18650 power cell
• Output (select by magnetic ring) :
Level 1 : 1lm 1300hours
Level 2 : 50lm 60 hours
Level 3 : 700lm 8 hours
Level 4 : 1700lm 3 hours
Level 5 : 3400lm 1.5hours
Level 6 : 5000lm 1 hours
Standby : 65uA
Strobe : 5000lm 3 hours
• Working voltage : 4V - 17V
• Max Runtime : 1300 hours
• Max beam distance : 704meters
• Peak beam intensity : 124,100cd
• Impact resistant : 1.2 meters
• Waterproof : IPX-8 Standard (2meters)
• Size : 206mm(length) x 88mm(head diameter) x 50mm(tube diameter)
• Weight : 570g (without batteries)
• Aircraft grade aluminum body structure
• Premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Ultra-clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating
• Momentary forward click tactical switch
• Strobe mode for tactical and emergency use
• Light orange peel reflector for both smoothing out the beam and max. beam distance.
• Tactical knurling for firm grip
• Streamlined body design
• Mechanical reversed polarity protection design for battery carrier
• Intelligent highly efficient circuit board design for max. performance and long run time
• Specially designed for military, law Enforcement, self-defense, hunting, search & rescue and outdoor activities
• Intelligent temperature controlled light output for user safety

Notice : The above data has been measured in accordance with the international flashlight testing standards ANSI/NEMA FL1 using the Acebeam battery (four 18650 LG HE2 2500mAh) under laboratory conditions. The data may vary during real-world use to battery type, individual usage habits and environmental factors.

Anodizing is a matte black finish (type III), with no chips or damage on my sample. All letterings are clear, bright white. There is a mark () on the control ring that lines up with the labels on the head. The manufacturer, model name, are on the battery tube. The knurling is present over battery tube.

The light has mainly 2 parts (i.e. head and battery tube) There is a battery carrier in the tube.

The light has a stainless scalloped bezel. I can't remove it by hand on my sample. There is a waterproof o-ring between the bezel inside and reflector. There are lots of cooling fins on the head. The K60 has anti-roll features on the head, so the light doesn't roll easily on its side.
The head base of the light has a central positive spring to contact with the positive terminal of the battery carrier. The very wide negative contact rim surrounds the central positive contact spring. The positive contact spring is well isolated from the negative contact rim by the black small plastic insulator. The light has a low voltage warning indication (i.e., it will flash about 3 times every 15 secs when the battery voltage is low.

The light uses a nice AR coating lens (with 98.3% light transmittance), and the purple hue is reflected on it. Like the T25, the reflector is moderately textured. Its surface finish is good from visual inspection, and well-centered XHP70 N4 LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cup. The reflector is wide and fairly deep .
The XHP70 is a member of Cree's Extreme High Power (XHP) class of LEDs, and based on the SC5 technology platform. According to Cree website, at its maximum current, the XHP70 LED delivers twice the light output of the XLamp MK-R LED, with similar lumens per watt and without increasing the package footprint. XHP70 is four-die devices (7x7mm) which is quite similar to the Cree MK-R. You can see the Cree XHP70 specification sheet for more information.
Acebeam claims XHP70 6500K, 6V, N4, 1C for the K60. I would expect reasonably good throw thanks to the large and fairly deep reflector. The K60 is heavily driven on max. output level (L6) does require 7A current.

There is a control ring, located below the cooling fins. All six constant output switching along with Standby and Strobe are controlled entirely by the control ring. The light has twelve slight indents on the control ring to help with good feel. There is a label mark () on the control ring that lines up with the labels on the head. The individual six constant output levels are not labeled on the head, but there is a graded output arrow () which shows the direction of the output levels (from max. to min. output). There are firm detents at each level, with a slight click. So you may need to count detents to figure out what output level you are set to.
The total traverse of the control ring is around 175 degrees of the light. It is almost the same as other K-series. Also the control ring action feels almost the same as the K40M.

The light uses a metal battery carrier that has 4x18650 cells in series. It looks sturdy and well-made. The carrier has identical central positive contact point isolated by a black plastic insulator and outer negative contact rim at both ends. The positive contact plate is slightly raised, and the negative contact spring has good elasticity in the battery carrier. So all types (i.e., true flat-tops, wide and button-tops) of 18650's work fine. Longer cells may be somewhat tight, but all my protected high capacity (2600~3100mAh) cells fit. You can insert the battery carrier either orientation into the battery tube (i.e., it's reversible), because it has same ends with positive and negative connection terminals. But you should be careful to insert the 18650's into the battery carrier in the correct polarity, otherwise it will create short circuit there. Acebeam recommends the high-drain 18650 cells, as the light needs very high current (~7A) for max. output level.

You can see the fully loaded battery carrier with unprotected & protected cells. I don't have any issue to insert my shortest & longest 18650 cells into the carrier. The battery carrier introduces rattle if you shake the light laterally when it's fully loaded with 18650's unprotected. But no rattle with the protected cells installed in my sample. Note that only 4x18650 li-ion cells can be used in the light (i.e., it doesn't support multiple CR123A or RCR123A due to 4~17V working voltage range).

Screw threads are square cut, seems good quality. They came well greased. Note that both male & female threads on the head & tube are anodized for head lock-out. They are smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

The battery tube continues the cylindrical shape with four long flat rectangular surfaces. The deep diamond-shaped knurling is presented over most of the battery tube except rectangular sides, and it's aggressive on the handle, helping with grip.

The switch is the forward click switch which allows the light to be momentarily activated by half-pressing the switch while not affective the mode changing which is completely controlled by the control ring on the head. The switching travel is slightly longer than average, with average resistance and provides audible click when engaged. The switch cap sits recessed within the tail end which allows the light tailstand perfectly. There is a cut-out facilitate easily access to the switch. It's nice to access it with my medium-sized hands. There are four wide holes at the rear end for lanyard attachment.

There are dual springs (i.e., inner & outer springs) in the battery tube base. The negative current path is carried from the negative contact rim on the battery carrier, carried through the outer spring in the tailcap and the battery tube of the light. Note that another current does flow from the central positive contact point on the battery carrier to the inner spring in the tailcap. It seems the tailcap is screwed to the battery tube together similar to other K-series, but I can't remove it from the tube without any tools. I just assume you will see the mechanical tail switch with an electronic circuit similar to other K-series. The difference seems to be that this circuit can carry the current by more than 7A (i.e., ~10A). The light can tailstand stably without the lanyard attached, thanks to the flat base.

From left to right, VicLite 18650 protected, Acebeam K40 (XM-L U2, 3x18650), Acebeam K40M (MT-G2 q0, 3x18650), Acebeam K60 (XHP70 N4, 4x18650), Acebeam K50 v2 (XM-L2 U2, 4x18650), Fenix TK75 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650) for size comparison.

From left to right, K40, K40M, K60, K50 v2.

The light is a reasonably good size with a right weight to manage for 4x18650 high-output class. The operating the control ring with two fingers (i.e., thumb and index finger) is difficult for me. The overall gripability seems good. Handling & balance of the light is good. The overall build quality is very high.

K60 comes with a nylon belt holster with a velcro strap on the head and belt loop. The light fits in the holster head-up only. I wish the velcro adhesion of the belt loop would be much stronger or button-snap would be required there.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

User Interface

On-off is controlled by the tailcap forward switch and output switching is controlled by the control ring in the head. Turn the light on-off by the tailcap clicky – press for momentary, press and release (i.e., click) for constant on.

There are six constant output levels, standby, and strobe. Change output modes by turning the control ring in the head. Arranged from left to right (with the head facing forward) in the following order. L1 (min. output) -> L2 -> L3 -> L4 -> L5 -> L6 (max. output) -> standby -> strobe.
No light is produced on standby, but a small current will be drawn to allow to respond to the control ring turn and for the tail switch assistance as described below.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the control ring and electronic tail switch, the light has a small current when fully connected and control ring arrow is pointing at standby mode and the tailcap switch is clicked on. I couldn't measure this current, as I was not able to open the tailcap.
I measured this current as 72.8μA on the K40M. I guess K60 has similar value to the K40M. Given the batteries are in series in the carrier, that would mean that 2600mAh Li-ion would be fully drained in about 4 years. If you want to break this current, store the light locked-out by loosening the head or turn the light off by the tailcap switch when not in use.
PWM

The light shows no sign of PWM at any output levels. I think the light is actually current-controlled. I notice there is no buzzing sound at all output levels in my sample.
Runtime

The K60 shows excellent flat regulation on L6, L5. The K60 steps down after 2mins from only Max. (L6). This is a timed step-down feature. Output-runtime efficiency seems to be excellent on my sample, with relatively flat regulation at very high levels (L6, L5). The light settles around the 74% output mark after step-down on L6 under cooling fan. There is perfect flat regulation after only minor drop (~5%) due to thermal sag on L5 as well. I expect excellent flat regulation on the other output levels (L1~L4).

The runtimes on three batteries seem little different. Note that the original cell of the NLTEK 18650 is LGABD11865 (3000mAh), and its maximum charging voltage is 4.35v for full capacity. But charged it 4.2v for this runtime test, so the real capacity is about 2700mAh reduced with about 300mAh.

As showed in the above runtime graph, the K60 would flash three times shortly every 15 secs before hitting the built-in battery protection circuit shut-down on the protected cells. The above big blips near the end of the L6, L5 run on the K60 are from the low battery warning function of the light. Also there is low battery warning on the unprotected cells as well. The only difference between the protected and unprotected is that protected gives you an abrupt drop-down to L1, while unprotected does give you a rapid drop in output continuously. So you need to pay attention to the overdischarge of the unprotected cells in the light. I suggest that you should replace your unprotected cells or recharge them when the light indicates the low battery warning.

Actually I use 30 secs sampling rates for the runtime test of my reviews. To clarify the step-down from Max. (L6), I checked 2 secs sampling rate. As expected, there is a thermal sag drop to 88% output from 100% output, then the light steps down to 74% output.

It's a bit hard to compare the K60 to other lights with multi XM-L or 1xMT-G2 installed. But the K60 is the best high-output light with excellent efficiency and long runtime.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 3 or 4x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO100, F/10.0, 1/200sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/10.0, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/10.0, 1/1250sec, Auto white balance

The hot spot is well focused and a corona surrounds the bright hot spot. Spill beam is a bit wide comparable to other XM-L or MT-G2 class lights, and there is . The overall beam profile is clean. The beam has a cool temperature on my sample.
2. 55m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 3 or 4x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

3. 60~65m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 3 or 4x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells

The K60 does provide not only bright but also wide beam, thanks to the larger emitter. But the reasonably large and deeper reflector of the K60 build allow the light to give impressive throw.
4. 130m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 3 or 4x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells

As you can see, the K60 is an outstanding thrower, with wider beam than other lights. It shows an impressive throw.

You can see a characteristic of Cree XHP70. The K60 gives you a good firefly output level which is a bit brighter than T25.
Overall Impression

• Build quality is very high.
• Give you very high-output and impressive throw.
• Output-runtime performance is excellent.
• Lots of constant output levels with control ring interface.
• True flat-top batteries will work, but somewhat rattle in the light.
• Mechanical reverse polarity protection function.
• Firefly mode is available.
• Low battery warning indication function (i.e., the light blinks about 3 times every 15secs when the working voltage is low).
• No sign of PWM flickers at any output modes.
• Beam pattern is good (i.e., resonable throwy beam with good spill).
• Anti-roll indentations on the head.
• You can use only 4x18650 (i.e., doesn't support multiple CR123A cells).
• You need quality good high-drain 18650.
• Very long or wide cells may be a bit tight depending on brand name.
• There is small standby current drain (but you can break it by lock-out or removing the battery carrier).
• Bundled belt holster needs improvement.
Acebeam K60 was supplied by Acebeam for review.
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Anruha (08.06.2015), crus (08.06.2015), Ektomorf (19.09.2016), i (08.06.2015), Khii! (08.06.2015), ko54 (08.06.2015), Oxlis (17.07.2015), Tatamovich (18.06.2015), togico (11.06.2015)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU