Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2100   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 26.03.2012, 20:14 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 23.08.2013 16:00

По умолчанию Using camera manual WB (K setting) to measure tint of LED flashlights

NOTE TO MODS - forgive the cross post but I thought this was pretty neat to share as its own thread rather than just buried in a review and given its for measuring LED flashlight tint, I figured it'd be appropriate here. However, if not, please move or delete.
=======

While working on a review I came up with this idea to measure the color temp of LED's using my camera's manual WB setting, here's the excerpt:

TINT
I decided to try something a little different this time around by grabbing one of these from my local Home Depot to help with getting a good idea of the tint of a common object illuminated by the X60L:

My camera has the capability to adjust WB by Kelvin (betw. 2.5K - 10K). This forces the camera to apply a white balance using your input as the baseline temperature. If what you've input is lower (warmer) than actual temp, the picture will come out cooler and if above (cooler) then the pic will come out warmer. Using this feature, we can get an idea of the color temperature by what the final setting was before the "Polar Bear 1875" (1st row, 3rd column from left) turned truly white. In the control shot above, I used the camera's custom white balance setting under fluorescent light so it's pretty realistic to what my eyes see.

I used the following three color temps as a baseline and what the type of color it is representative of in real life:
2800 - 100W Incandescent bulb
4800 - Direct Sunlight
10000 - Blue Sky

Here is the control sheet shot w/the above settings respectively (also under fluorescent light) from L to R (2.8K | 4.8K | 10K):

As you can see, the color temp runs from cool to very warm (since the particular fluorescent light I have is a bit on the warmer side). Given I forgot to take the ideal sweet spot for this pic, we can however estimate that my fluorescent light falls between 2.8K to 4.8K.

Now here is that same sheet but illuminated on High by the X60L:

Taking a look at the above, 2.8K is obviously too cool, while 4.8K comes close and 10K is too warm. As such, you know the temp of the X60L should fall somewhere between 4.8K and 10K (but closer to 4.8K).

I finally got to what I thought was in the ballpark for the Polar Bear to be white and this was taken at 6.8K:

But as you can see, Polar Bear white has just a hint of bluish tint in it so I'd say final ballpark would be roughly 6.5K.

By comparison, here's a light that has a neutral XM-L 3C tint:

Let's go through that drill again, 2.8K? Nope, too cool. 4.8K - wow pretty close! 10K, nope too warm. In the end, 4.8K (likely closer to 5K) was closest to turning the Polar Bear paint pure white.

Obviously it's no Spectrometer but great for comparative purposes and to get a rough idea of the color tint. If your camera has this feature, it's worth giving it a shot. It doesn't have to be the palette above and can be any old white sheet of paper.

Cheers,
Tim
turboBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU