Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1471   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 09:54 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 12.04.2024 20:25

По умолчанию Xtar TZ20 XP-G2 R5 Pioneer Review (XP-G2 R5,430 Lm 18650/2xCR123A)

This is a review of new tactical flashlight from Xtar, company well known for chargers and batteries. The full name of the flashlight is TZ20 G2 R5 Pioneer. There is a reason for such a long name - the model is not completely new , but an improved model equipped with a modern XP-G2 LED. Die surface of the XP-G2 is much smaller then the more popular XM-L/XM-L2 , this allowing an easier focus for the flashlight with smaller reflector. When compared with an older TZ20 model the XP-G2 has less lumens, but throws further.

Technical Specs

Box,included extras

I received the flashlight in a box , which resembles boxes of electric drills. Such box allows comfortable storage of the flashlight and bundled accessories when the flashlight is not in use. Also it is very impressive as a gift. Notice that the box includes a sticker that allows to check whether the product is genuine.

Bundled accessories, details

Before this flashlight package I though that I know the meaning of the word DELUXE , and it explained well the packages of the Olight flashlights. Well, the package of Xtar is very extended, and includes everything the user will need, for a start for sure. The package includes MP1S battery charger, 3100 mAh protected battery, the flashlight, lanyard, extra switch cover and switch mechanism. Also included the user manual for the flashlight and the charger and a warranty coupon. The box misses USB adapter, which was missing in my package.

Pioneer

The built quality of the flashlight is high. The finish is somewhat more glossy then Olight or Nitecore models that I used.
There are some interesting details different to other flashlights in this model.
The tactical ring can be removed, and when removed also the clip can be removed. The clip looks exactly like the clip on Olight models.

1. It lacks a steel bezel. Usually tactical models equipped with one
2. It tail-stands. This is a good thing, but usually "tactical" models have protruding button that does not allow tail stand.
3. Both threads are square cut, but not anodized
4. The flashlight has 4 modes + strobe. It always starts on high and cycles through modes with strobe in the main sequence. I think it would be better if the strobe would be hidden by double or triple click.

Compared with Olight M20 and Olight M22

The flashlight is a little bit shorter then the Olight models. The head diameter is more similar to the Olight M20 model , but light output is not . You can clearly see that the XP-G2 is much smaller then the XM-L2 (and that my cat likes flashlights as well).

Beamshots

the xtar is always left , then M22 and M20

Xtar and M22

Xtar and M20

The Xtar has much tighter hotspot. It is very bright and has sharp edges. Judged by eye, it's 430 lumens look much closer to M22's 950 lumens then to 550 lumens of the M20.
The tint is very nice, very neutral with no hints of green/blue.I have never seen such nice tint of any XM-L2 flashlight.

Some numbers (lux from a meter using fasttechs luxmeter)

Well, it IS very focused beam. When I went outside and checked throw, the Xtar outthrows the M20 but it is very difficult to judge which one throws farther, the M22 or the Xtar. I would say the M22, the numbers don't lie.

Noise/PWM

The flashlight is completely silent on all modes.I measured PWM of frequency ~ 15.3 kHz on all modes except max. I don't think a mortal human can see such frequency.

Summary

the good

• a very nice tint,a very strong beam
  • many modes for diffirent situations
  • a nice set of bundled extras
  • tailstands

the bad

• 5 modes that are in line, have to go through all to get to strobe, strobe in main sequence
  • no stainless steel bezel
  • PWM

Conclusion

If you need a flashlight that is good "out of the box", bundled with accessories the flashlight might be the flashlight for you. The flashlight performs extremely well, competing with flashlight with much larger head diameter.
If an instant access to strobe is a must for you, or you can't stand a word PWM , in any frequency maybe you better look for other flashlight, Olight models for an instance.

Questions? Requests? I will be happy to assist.

TZ20 was provided by Xtar for this review
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU